James Otis said he planned to turn himself in for damaging Donald Trump’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
But before doing that, he told media early Thursday, he would hold a news conference at the scene of the crime — where a replacement star had been installed.
L.A. police were having none of that. Hours before the planned event, officers from the Los Angeles Police Department’s Hollywood station arrested Otis on suspicion of smashing up the star.
Otis, a Beverly Hills resident, said he took a sledgehammer and pick to Trump’s star the day before, causing damage that police estimated at $2,500. The offense would be considered felony vandalism, police said.
In a phone interview with a Los Angeles Times reporter Wednesday, Otis spoke of his disdain for the Republican presidential candidate, business mogul and reality TV star.
Read more at: LAtimes